High-performance cast iron plummer blocks display excellent rigidity and are easy to handle.
They can be fitted with spherical roller bearings (high load capacity) or self-aligning ball bearings.
They can be used with bearings with cylindrical bore or bearings with tapered bore with adapters.
- Grey cast iron with anticorrosive passivation and protective coating
- Ductile cast iron with anticorrosive passivation and protective coating, more shock resistant, bearings with higher load capacity can be used. Same dimensions
A variety of sealing options are available for all applications:
- 2-lip seal – One double-lip seal consists of two parts. Four halves for mounting on both sides of the housing. Excellent sealing effect.
- Felt seal – One seal consists of one retainer (two parts), one round cord (two parts) and one felt strip pre-soaked in oil (two parts). Can be also used with a V-ring seal. Four halves of aluminium die-cast retainer, four halves of NBR ring and four felt strips are supplied for one housing, for mounting on both sides.
- V-ring seal – One seal consists of one NBR rubber V-ring and one steel washer with a vulcanised NBR rubber lip. Two V-rings with two washers are therefore supplied per one housing, for mounting on both sides of this housing.
- Labyrinth seal – One seal consists of one cast-iron labyrinth ring and one NBR round cord.
- taconite seal - One seal consists of one cast-iron labyrinth, two NBR rubber O-rings, one NBR V-ring, one cast iron body and one grease nipple. The taconite seal is used in the toughest conditions because it has an excellent sealing effect
End cover – One end-cover made of steel and NBR.
It is possible to create many variations on these combinations of housings and various standard seals. One plummer block needs two seals or one seal and one end-cover.
Plummer blocks stand out thanks to:
- High functionality
- High stiffness
- Circular ribs for heat dissipation
- Possibility to lubricate with grease or oil
- Big oil bath
One bearing housing can be used for self-aligning ball bearings 12…, 22..., 23..., and even for spherical roller bearings of series 222... and 223... with cylindrical and tapered bore.
Stand-out features of plummer blocks mounting:
- The circular ribbing on the housing body gives the housing excellent form stability and rigidity
- Pin markings for additional dowel pins
- Connection bolts
- Alignment markings for quick and easy alignment
- Markings for mounting with four fastening bolts
- Markings for additional dowel pin
Plummer blocks types
- Split plummer blocks – SNN, SD3100 (brand NSK), SNC, SD31, SNOE, SNOL200 (brand NTN-SNR)
- Non-split plummer blocks – SPW/SFCW, TN200/300, TVN 200/300 (producer NTN-SNR)
- Flanged housings – 722500, F11200
- Take-up housings
Split plummer blocks
Housings SNN/SNC series 500 – housings for rolling bearings with tapered bore, series 1200K, 2200K, 22200K and 23200K. Shaft diameter: 20–140 mm.
Housings SNN/SNC series 600 – housings for rolling bearings with tapered bore, series 1300K, 2300K, 21300K and 22300K. Shaft diameter: 20–90 mm.
Housings SNC series 200 – housings for rolling bearings with cylindrical bore, series 1200, 2200, 22200 and 23200. Shaft diameter: 25–160 mm.
Housings SNC series 300 – housings for rolling bearings with cylindrical bore, series 1300, 2300, 21300 and 22300. Shaft diameter: 25–100 mm.
Housings series SD 3100 (NSK) – housings for large spherical roller bearings, series 23100 with tapered bore fitted by adapters. Shaft diameter: 150 –380 mm.
Housings series SD 3100 (NTN-SNR) – housings for large spherical roller bearings, series 23100 with tapered bore, fitted on adapters. Shaft diameter: 150–400 mm.
Housings SNOE (NTN-SNR) – housings for spherical roller bearings with cylindrical bore, for high speeds and high loads, housings of ductile cast iron, labyrinth seals. For high speeds, high temperatures and high axial loads. Shaft diameter: 70–260 mm. For industrial fans, hammer crushers etc.
Housings SNOL200 – housings for spherical roller bearings. Shaft diameter: 60–140 mm. Optimised low friction labyrinth seal for high speeds and high temperatures. Interchangeable with the SN series. For industrial fans.
Non-split plummer blocks
Non-split plummer block housings are capable of accommodating heavy loads acting not only perpendicularly, but also in other directions.
Series SPW/SFCW – Suited for rugged industry with tough environmental conditions. Anti-corrosion treatment on components. Equipped with sealed spherical roller bearings. The SPW range is interchangeable with SN housings. Shaft diameter: 50–140 mm
Series TN200/300 – Housings for self-aligning ball bearings with extended inner ring, series 11200 and 11300. They are mainly used in agricultural machinery. Made of grey cast iron and sealed with a felt seal. Shaft diameter: 20–60 mm.
Series TVN 200/300 – Housings for ball bearings with the cylindrical bore, series 1200 and 6200/1300 and 6300. Made of grey cast iron and sealed with a felt seal. Shaft diameter: 20–75 mm. Can withstand shaft misalignment up to 0.5°. Used for agricultural and other common applications.
Series TVN 6200/6300 – Housings for continuous or intermittent operating temperatures of between +200°C and +350°C for bearings, series 6200 F605 and 6300 F605 for high temperatures. Shaft diameter: 40–75 mm. These bearings are specially designed for cement kilns or for carriage (for extra hot, humid or dry environments). When operating in a standard environment, they can be fitted with conventional 6200 and 6300 ball bearings.
Series 722500 – housings for bearings with tapered bore, series 1200K, 200K, 22200K with adapters. Shaft diameter: 20–100 mm. Smaller versions with a triangular flange and larger versions with a square flange are available. For woodworking machines, conveyors and textile machines.
Series F 11200 – Housings for self-aligning ball bearings with extended inner ring, series 11200. These are used in undemanding applications. Felt seals. Shaft diameter: 20–50 mm.
Producer SNR also supplies special Plummer blocks for 2 or 3 bearings
ZLG / DLG
- Shaft diameter: 30–120 mm (ZLG)
- Shaft diameter: 70–120 mm (DLG)
- High speed
- Low noise level
- High axial load capacity
- For industrial fans, woodworking machines, conveyors and textile machines
- Shaft diameter: 75–110 mm
- High speed
- High temperature
- High axial load capacity
- For industrial fans
More details in the catalogues: